There are many (interior designing india) interior design schools in India with access to information and ideas across the interweb that has led to the globalization of design and architecture.Best Indian interior designer As a result of social media and other reasons, both urban and rural Indians have improved aesthetic sense. Interior Design india, Better structures and interior design are needed for living and working places as the quality of life improves. Interior architecture in India is concerned with aspects of decorating and interior design, as well as building and architecture.A growing population and growing number of nuclear families have led to a decrease in per capita land consumption. The Given Institutes has produced some of the finest top interior designers in India In India today as the demand for interior designers is greater because of the need to use high creative skills in small spaces. on other websites, such as the top design colleges in India? - quora or best interior designing colleges in india? - quora, has been questioned for a long period of time since students are very interested in interior design courses in India.
Top 10 Interior Designers in India, these are some of india's best interior designers
- Sunita Kohli
- Shabnam Gupta
- Ambrish Arora
- Lipika Sud
- Aamir and Hameeda
- Tanya Gyani
- Anjum Jung
- Ajay Shah
- Payal Kapoor
- Sudhir Gandhi
The scope of interior design has increased significantly in India due to a rapidly urbanizing lifestyle and fast-paced urbanization, making it one of the most sought-after professions in the country today.
There has been an impressive increase in the demand for interior designers. People often hire professionals to design their living spaces to be comfortable and happy.
With increasing property prices, Indian homes are becoming smaller and interior designers seem to have found a way to solve the space crisis. As people seek to make their homes stand out, they tend to have theme-based interiors and styles, which may lead to an increase in interior designer jobs in the future.
The average salary for an entry-level interior designer ranges between 4 lakhs and 30 lakhs a year. Many factors play into the calculation of a salary, including education, location, work experience, and company size.
The most important aspect is to win the employer's favor by demonstrating the exposure and experience that one values.
A list of India’s top 8 colleges for interior designing is given below:
1. National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad
Established in 1961, the National Institute of Design (NID), Ahmadabad is widely considered one of the most prestigious fashion institutes. This university offers the best design courses at the undergraduate, postgraduate, and Ph.D. levels, such as B.Des., M.Des., and Ph.D. Through a combination of theory, skills, design workshops, and field experiences, NID's programme blends theory, skills, and design projects, complemented by cutting-edge design studios, skill & innovation labs, and a Knowledge Management Centre. Students are exposed to sponsored design projects in the classroom to gain professional experience. Studies of interdisciplinary design in Science and Liberal Arts expand student perspectives and increase general awareness of contemporary issues.
- Courses offered: B.Design in Furniture & Interior Design (4 years)
- Fee structure (for 2020): Rs. 1,51,000 – 1,55,000 per semester
- Eligibility criteria: Candidates who have passed or will appear for higher secondary examinations in any stream (Science, Arts, Commerce, Humanities, etc.) from any recognized board of education such as CBSE, IB, ICSE, or their equivalent
2. CEPT University, Ahmedabad
The Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology, popularly known as CEPT University is a private university that was established in 1962 in Ahmedabad. A large number of interior designing colleges in India are affiliated with the Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology.
Besides practical learning, hands-on workshops, thoughtful publication engagements, and evolving their interior designing styles, the campus also offers practical workshops. CEPT is internationally acclaimed for its teaching techniques and evaluation methods.
- Course: Bachelor of Interior Design (5 years)
- Eligibility criteria: You must have passed the higher secondary exam from Gujarat state board or any other equivalent board with Physics & Mathematics as compulsory subjects and Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Computer as an optional subject (all at higher/advanced level), securing a minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for reserved category) for all subjects.
3. J.J School of Arts, Mumbai
Since its establishment in 1878 in the current campus, under the British administration, the Sir J.J. School of Art has been considered one of the most innovative fine arts colleges in India. It offers a BFA program with six courses, an MFA program with nine courses, a diploma program with three degrees, a certificate program with one degree, and a few hobby courses with a few credits.
The Sir JJ School of Arts is known throughout the world as a pioneering fine art educational institute. Today, the school houses departments of interior decoration, drawing and painting, sculpture and model making, mural, portraiture, printmaking, and arts and crafts such as ceramics, metalwork, and textiles in South Mumbai.
- Course: BFA in Interior Decoration (4 years)
- Eligibility criteria: All the candidates passed/appearing for higher secondary examination or its equivalent with English as a language subject and a minimum aggregate marks 45% (40% for reserved category) and are of Indian Nationality are eligible for appearing for MAH-AAC-CET (qualifying exam)
4. MVP Samaj's College of Architecture and Centre for Design, Nashik
One of the most prestigious learning institutions in the state of Maharashtra is the Maratha Vidya Prasarak Samaj, established in the year 1914, it manages 477 educational institutes and is a premier organization in Savitribai Phule Pune University's jurisdiction. Digital presentations and discussions are used as teaching methods at Nashik's College of Architecture. Interior designers are encouraged to attend site visits and interact regularly with professionals to gain a deep understanding of materials, construction techniques, technology, and the applications of each in design. There is a focus on using real-world sites as a means of bridging the gap between theory and practice.
- Course: B. Design in Interior Design (4 years)
- Eligibility criteria: candidates Passed in the Higher Secondary in any stream or 10 + Diploma of B.T.E. & D.T.E. Approved Institute are eligible.
5. Pearl Academy
The Pearl Academy of Fashion was established by the education arm of House of Pearl Fashion, Little People Education Society, in 1993. As of January 2021, the institution is present in four cities across India, with a campus each in Mumbai, Jaipur, and Bangalore, and two in New Delhi (south and west). With over 28 years of experience in Design, Fashion, Business, and Media, Pearl Academy is India's leading design institute. Over 40 courses are offered by the institution. At Pearl Academy, students are exposed to international opportunities, receive career guidance from top industry experts, and complete real-life design projects. Through experimentation, conceptualization, and detailed analysis, students will learn how to design interior spaces that function effectively.
- Course offered: Bachelor of Interior Design (4 years)
- Eligibility criteria: Higher secondary education, in any discipline, and NATA scores are also accepted.
6. Arch Academy of Design, Jaipur
In the field of Design and Creative Studies, the college aims at imparting an industrially and globally relevant education. Throughout its 20 years of existence, Arch has grown to a community of 10,000 professionals with a strong network of teaching faculty, alumni, and students' creative and support staff. It provides courses of international standards with certification at the national and international levels. Expert faculty members design the curriculum of each course to ensure a combination of theoretical and application-based learning appropriate to social and market needs. Arch Academy of Design teaches interior design students practical thinking that balances creativity and sensitivity. By using this method, students gain the knowledge and skills needed to become researchers, problem solvers, and designers of interiors and spaces where people will thrive.
- Course offered: B. Design in Interior Design (4 years)
- Eligibility criteria: Candidates who have passed in Higher secondary exam (CBSE/ ICSE/ IB/ State Board/ NIOS/ equivalent in any stream) + AIEED (overall score should be 48% and above) are eligible.
7. Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore
An incubator for emerging design talent, Vogue Institute of Art and Design, was established in 1996. It is a multidisciplinary, umbrella institute that fosters creativity and innovations by fostering a creative culture, developing problem-solving skills, and promoting design competencies The institution is affiliated with Bangalore University and Mysore University, making it one of the top fashion design schools in Bengaluru. The institute is approved by the UGC and is associated with the Government of Karnataka for skill development training under the SKKY scheme. In a recent survey by Outlook magazine, it ranked among the top eight colleges for Art and Design. An interdisciplinary approach is the goal of the interior design program at Vogue Institute. Material science and design skills are integrated into the course. During internships, students gain practical experience under the guidance of leading architects and interior design firms.
- Course offered: Bachelor degree in Interior Design and Decoration (3 years)
- Eligibility criteria: 10 + 2 / Equivalent.( in any stream) + AIEED (overall score should be 48% and above)
8. L.S. Raheja School of Architecture
Founded in the year 2007, L S. Raheja School of Architecture became affiliated to the University of Mumbai and started a five-year full-time undergraduate program without aid.
The L.S Raheja Interior Design College is located in Mumbai and offers a unique education for interior design students. Among its advantages are practical teaching, research, entrepreneurship, and service creation. The faculty fosters students' personalities while enhancing their understanding of design as a humanistic and scientific discipline. A leading management team and competent administration have improved the organization. Ar. Arvind M. Khanolkar and his team of dynamic, young, and dedicated full-time faculty members have been the power behind the students.
- Course offered: B. Voc in Interior Design (3 years)
- Eligibility criteria: A candidate must pass a higher secondary examination or its equivalent to be eligible. Merit lists will be calculated based only on the scores of Aptitude Tests.
These are the best interior design schools in the country for exploring your design options. As a designer, you learn by teaching, so the more you teach, the more you learn. Don't be afraid to explore new ideas, concepts, and thoughts. Your design college experience can be fully unleashed only when you do that
Frequently Asked Question
1. Which institute is best for interior designing in India?
Ans- The best interior design schools in India
- NID Ahmedabad.
- CEPT University, Gujarat.
- Arch Academy of Design, Jaipur.
- JJ School of Arts.
- College of Architecture.
- Exterior Interiors Pvt Ltd.
- Pearl Academy.
- Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology.
2. What is the cost of interior design course in India?
Ans- Highlights of the Diploma in Interior Design
- Diploma in Interior Design Course Level
- 1-2 years
- 50% marks at H.S.C examination
- Admission Process
- Either by merit-based or entrance exam at the college level.
- Course Fees
- INR 1 lakhs - 12 lakhs
3. Is interior designing course expensive?
Ans- India's interior design colleges charge an average fee of INR 15,001 to IN…