BCA is the initial degree program in computer applications that undergrads who are interested in making a career path in computer applications can pursue. As the IT industry in India continues to grow rapidly, more and more people are seeking education in this field so they will gain a strong knowledge of computer programming languages and develop core skills.
Among the undergraduate degree programs in computer, applications are the Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA). Due to the growth of IT, there are many new job opportunities for computer graduates. Thus, a great number of students choose to study these courses in order to work in software companies. There are six semesters in a three-year BCA course.
IT companies rely heavily on communication frameworks and data innovation. BCA Graduates are in high demand in India and abroad due to the development of data-driven industries. Students are advised to choose BCA as their advanced education course after they graduate from high school, i.e. after 10+2. Students learn JAVA, PHP, etc., and gain a basic understanding of computer applications and programming languages. The course includes business systems, database management, software design, logical analysis and client-server technology, programming in C (basic and advanced), the Internet, networking, data structure, OO programming in C++, programming in PHP, Oracle, JAVA, Web Scripting, etc.
Top Colleges for BCA in India
Before preparing for any exam, it is essential to pay attention to some basic but important things. It is very important to check if you are eligible for a course before applying. A candidate must be verified to see if they are eligible for their desired course. For students who want to study BCA as their higher education, the following requirements must be met:
Candidates planning to take BCA courses need to have at least 50% marks including English in class 12th or a senior secondary examination.
BCA courses have a minimum age requirement of 17 years, and a maximum age limit of 22–25 years.
Some universities prepare merit lists based on the results of qualifying exams for class 12th.
Admission Process for BCA
Step 1: The first step is registering, in order to register for the BCA Course, you need to visit and register yourself on the college's or university's official website by providing information like your name, number, email address, etc.
Step 2: Filling up of application form. Once you have registered, you will have to fill out a form with your personal and academic information.
Step 3: Uploading documents. After filling out the form, you will be asked to upload a scanned copy of your academic transcripts, such as the 10th and 12th-grade mark sheets.
Step 4: Payment. Paying the application fee is the final step of BCA Admission 2021. Each college charges a different amount for tuition.
BCA Entrance Exam
- IPU CET BCA
- LUCSAT BCA
- AIMA UGAT
Common Topics to Prepare For BCA Entrance Exam
- English Language & Reading Comprehension
- Current & World Affairs
- Logical Reasoning
- Numerical Ability
- General Knowledge
- Physics Career
Prospect And Scope For BCA
Students can find jobs readily after graduating from BCA, since the coursework taught to them is very relevant, and the curriculum was designed keeping in mind what employers expect from computer application specialists. A BCA course is unique in providing both theoretical and practical computer knowledge. With the growth of BCA jobs after graduation, graduates are working as system engineers, system testers, junior programmers, system administrators, web developers, software developers, etc. IT giants like TCS, Wipro, Infosys, Microsoft, are keen on hiring freshers for their companies.
After graduating with a BCA in computer science, graduates will be able to find a job as their educational background provides them with the skills they need to succeed. Students of the BCA program will also enjoy a broader range of opportunities throughout the program since many colleges offer internships and work placements, which will enhance their CVs and increase their chances to get a job with higher wages. The titles of recent graduates range from "Software Publishers" to "Information Systems Managers", or "Database Administrators," among others.
Some of the career paths a BCA degree can lead to are
There are many factors that influence the salary after the BCA, such as a candidate's specialization, location of the job, and level of experience.
Freshers have the opportunity to earn the highest salary in the IT field. Computer professionals working in large multi-national companies typically earn an initial package between Rs. 25,000 and Rs. 40,000 per month. A fresh graduate can make a six-figure salary at Google, Microsoft, Oracle, Facebook, etc.
Benefits of Doing BCA
A BCA degree has many advantages. Through learning about computers and other important subjects, the users gain more knowledge regarding those topics. The following are just a few advantages of becoming a BCA
Multiple Career Options
- Computer engineers are in demand, and the BCA can prepare you for a variety of careers in the field. The following sectors offer career opportunities for those with a BCA degree: healthcare, information technology, finance, trading, transportation, software, and education. The BCA can present a variety of opportunities to you, so if you're looking for a degree that offers diverse options, this may be the degree for you
- As a software-oriented organization, BCA has very little focus on hardware. Therefore, you won't be required to do any hard work. The capacity to work is not physically hampered. Computer knowledge is all that is required since the work focuses on software.
Affordable Tuition Fee
- In comparison to a lot of other undergraduate degrees, a BCA is more pocket-friendly. BCAs are a great option for those looking to get into computer engineering without having to spend a lot of money. In comparison to other degrees in computer science and engineering, a BCA degree costs an average of INR 45,000/- a year.
Internships at Top IT Companies
- Due to the degree's versatility, many IT companies hire professionals to work with them. The best IT companies even offer paid internships to promising BCA students so that they can prepare the students for their future careers. In addition to earning a steady stipend, such an opportunity will allow you to develop your job skills.
- In addition to the great opportunities, a stand-alone BCA degree can offer you early in your career through paid internships and excellent job prospects, you will also be able to establish a great professional network. As you build a career, this network will help you in finding the right job in the industry over time. As your career evolves, this network will serve as a resource to help you find a new position in the industry.
- BCA offers a wide range of opportunities for students who are not afraid to work hard and are always eager to learn. It's important to realize that having a BCA certificate does not compel employers to hire you. Taking advantage of opportunities that present themselves requires an open mind and the willingness to learn new skills. College students often begin to work online gigs in their first year. By doing so, they get real-world experience and learn how to deal with real-life challenges. A career in information technology is ideal for those who enjoy learning new things.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the average salary of a BCA graduate?
Ans. The average salary of a BCA graduate may vary from Rs.3 to Rs.4 lakh per year.
2. Is BCA a good course to choose after the 12th?
Ans. Students interested in computer applications can choose the BCA course after their 12th. The demand for BCA graduates is increasing with the increase in IT companies.
3. Is BCA better than BTech?
Ans. In contrast to BCA, BTech focuses on training students in IT hardware and software. It depends on the students' goals and interests which of these courses to take, both are good choices.
4. Can I do BCA without maths?
Ans. No. BCA students must study maths as part of their course requirements. Maths is an integral part of the BCA syllabus, so many colleges require it as a subject for eligibility in BCA.
5. Does BCA have scope in the future?
Ans. Graduates of BCA programs have good employment prospects in the private and public sectors. Successful BCA graduates can find lucrative career opportunities at leading IT firms after they graduate
6. What are the jobs after BCA?
Ans. The number of BCA jobs after graduation has increased over time, with graduates working in fields such as software developers, systems engineers, testers, system administrators, web developers, junior programmers, system testers, etc
7. Is the BCA course better than BSc.?
Ans. While the BCA course is a better (than BSc ) option for students interested in a career in computer applications, programming, and software development, the BSc IT course is an excellent option for students who wish to find advanced job opportunities in internet technology and database management.