Bachelor in Commerce or B.com is an Undergraduate program designed for students who are willing to study subjects like accountancy, Auditing, Banking, Investment & Finance, etc. under Bachelor in Commerce (B.com) there are 3 most common courses- Bachelor in Commerce or B.com: General, Bachelor in Commerce or B.com- Honors, Bachelor in Commerce or B.com: LLB.
After completing B.com it is somewhat necessary to go and do furthermore study as it is not that easy to find a high-paying job after graduating from B.com, or you can always rely on certification courses which give you experience as well. And if your college has a good placement record, then you will have a better chance of getting into Top-notch companies. With the demands and dynamic nature of the market, we can see how new jobs line in every year and if you as a student don’t think it through then you will fall behind and you will end up making a decision which you may regret in future. Although many of you may not know there are several other options to chase after completing your Bachelors in Commerce.
Today we are here to talk about the 7 Career choices you can go after completing your 12th
1. Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
first and foremost the question that you should ask is what are you good at and will this help me in the next 5 years? Because MBA can be a little expensive if you are doing it from a Top-notch college which will require you to go through several exams, such as CAT, GMAT, etc.
- You can go for MBA in Finance if you are looking to make a way to Banking & Investment-related sectors. But doing MBA for a Top-Notch University or Institute will do wonders for you because they will have a better placement record than institutions in general.
- If you are know how to talk and do have a creative personality then you can opt for MBA in Marketing.
- And if you are an Empathetic person then you can apply for MBA in HR to look into Logistics and other related issues.
To get into the Top B-schools needs to be your focus, as the weightage from the Top- tier institutes and universities are better than the usual ones. Those Top B-schools will have a better placement and better exposure.
2. Masters in Commerce
also known as M.com is a Post-graduation degree program. The Masters in Commerce focuses on Accounting, Finance & Banking, Economics, Business Management, Taxation, etc.
M.com is for aspirants who are willing to build a career in Banking Financial Services & Insurance sector also known as BFSI. M.com is a 2 year Degree program, which can be don’t through any government organized University or institutions in India.
After doing M.com you can surely work in the Accounting and Finance or other Economic sectors-
- Working as an Accountant in an Accounting and Finance Company
- Students can surely work in Marketing Sector as Digital Marketer.
- Opting for Career in Banking
3. CFA is also known as Chartered Financial Analyst,
are people who have the authority and certification by the CFA Institute, which is a Global Non-profit professional Organization, which is widely known and recognized as the leading credential for investment professionals which focuses on analysis, investment, etc.
CFA helps an individual to become a certified Investment Professional, as the individual provides investment guidance for businesses and corporate organizations.
Some of the career benefits of becoming a CFA are
- Better job Opportunities because once listed in the CFA’s directory, it gets easier to get noticed for an individual in companies and financial sectors.
- Higher earnings
- Better reach and Networking
Process of CFA examination
- Your first step is to enroll for the CFA, students must register for the Level 1 exam: students need to have a Bachelor’s Degree and need to pass all the Levels of CFA.
- Work Experience- 4 years
- Pass all the 3 levels of the CFA exam:
- After passing all the stages you will require to get a Membership according to the levels that you have surpassed.
And after all the formalities come the Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conducts, as a member you have to follow the Code and standards.
4. Financial Risk Manager
is also known as FRM- for students who are willing to put in the work for Banking and Finance sectors, Financial Risk Manager will be an ideal job for them.
What does it mean to become a Financial Risk Manager and what do they do?
After getting all the certificates and firm knowledge about FRM, you get to use the concepts of Financial Risk Management. The financial risk Manager’s job is to find the legal threats to the company’s assets, details about the turnover of the particular company and to find a way to a successful marketplace, and also find the correct solution to those threats.
The following step can help you on how to become a Financial Risk Manager:
But before applying for any post which has a higher value, students should always get work experience before applying for FRM, at least 2 years of Experience in the Field of Risks is mandatory.
- Step 1: Register for the GARP exam
- Step 2: Clear Part 1 of the GARP exam
- Step 3: then Register for GARP Part 2 of the examination
- Step 4: Clear Part 2 of GARP
And to clear any exam you need to prepare for it, so if you are interested in pursuing FRM then you need to prepare for the examinations to increase your chances of passing the stages without any issues.
5. Certified in Investment Banking also known as CIB
certification can be defined as a comprehensive international certification test designed to assess a candidate’s skilled level and understanding of investment banking.
This program tests Students on his or her capability to develop a disciplined and systematic approach to see valuation for listed and unlisted firms in the context of Mergers and Acquisition transactions, LBOs, IPOs, restructurings, and alternative investment decisions.
Most analysts, the aspiring students and additionally the experienced ones, confirm the actual fact that investment is regarding facts, models, mathematics, and data analysis. The investment banking certification exam integrates a complex body of investment banking information holistically covering these skills necessary.
After completing the course you can go forth to build a career in Investment Banking, Private wealth Management, or corporate industry, etc...
6. Digital Marketing
Digitalization has taken over the world and it is here to stay. And it is safe to say that Digital Marketing will keep on improving and so is the digital marketing industry, it’s the sector where the students require both soft skills and hard skills training, it may take few months maybe years to harness the important aspects of Digital Marketing because it requires you to invest a little time to learn attributes, you can also Opt for MBA in Marketing or Digital Marketing, which will give you a stronghold and will keep you ahead in the competition, and to understand why Digital marketing is Necessary and is easy to understand, here are some of the reasons why digital marketing can help you and your Business find more opportunities.
Digital Marketing means any act of reaching potential customers via the Internet, which can be through social media marketing, email marketing, etc.
A career in Digital Marketing can be overwhelming something because preferences along with other aspects keep on changing according to the demands, so you have to stay updated, in the recent year, especially during the pandemic, the demand for digital marketing aspirants has increased sharply, and job opportunities in this field is booming as companies these days relying on social media platforms to spread words about their products and companies, and who knows more about social media than Digital marketing aspirants.
Some of the most effective ways to get the best out of Digital marketing is to understand
Know the 7 main categories of Digital Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Advertising Pay-per-click or PPC
- Email marketing
- Conversion rate optimization
- Affiliate Marketing
Digital Marketing especially if you have a specialization in digital marketing will help you
- It Will help you creating awareness and your reach will also grow accordingly.
- Influencing people to buy your products more often.
- Creative Thinking
- Helps to boost the Word of mouth marketing and the trust of the brand.
- Chartered Accountant (CA) is one of the most desirable and has been one of the top Career choices for students after graduating from B.com, but as desirable as it may seem, it’s not that easy to crack. The designation as a Chartered Accountant itself brings honor to the individual in the society, it is the designation granted to accounting professionals but there’s an exception as in the United States Chartered Accountant designation can only be granted through CPA, which is equivalent to CA.
7. Chartered Accountants
(CA) main focus is on areas like Auditing, Financial Accounting, Taxation, Management accounting, etc.
In most cases, CA’s role and credential are to:
- File Tax return of a particular business or company.
- Auditing Financial Statements of the Business or company.
- Following the Business Practices and related financial advisory services to clients.
How can you apply for Chartered Accountant (CA)
- Step 1: opt and Enroll for CA Intermediate Course.
- Step 2: Complete 4 weeks program of ICITSS also known as Integrated Course on Information Technology and Soft skills
- Step 3: Registering for a 3-year practical training or Article ship program.
- Step 4: Appearing for CA intermediate exam.
- Step 5: Clear both the Intermediary examination for further proceedings.
- Step 6: CA finals, registration
- Step 7: Completing 4 weeks of Advanced Integrated Course on Information Technology and Soft skills also known as AICITSS in the last two years of your articleship and before appearing for the final exam.
- Step 8: After completing 3 years program and clearing the final Chartered Accountant exam, then you can finally enroll as a Member of ICAI to be designated as the Chartered Accountant.
Becoming a Chartered Accountant is not as easy as it looks like but it is one of the most fulfilling and prestigious jobs and is a rewarding career you can do after graduating with Bachelors in Commerce.
The above mentioned are some of the best Jobs you can apply for or give an exam for a dutiful future. Career after any stream totally depends on how the student uses the given opportunities and time in the best ways possible.